Downtown Ripon Wisconsin shop




 Omg! I've been working my fingers to the bone the past year . I know I said that I was gonna (try) to commit to get back into this blog. Personally my life is pretty much out there on other outlets. 

So, what's been going on the past year... hmm? Well, this time last year we went into full production mode of candles, furniture, crafts and what nots and set up at a place in Kimberly WI- Antique up. It was a good drive for us, but we took a chance. We spent a few months there, but honestly we prefer the one on one relationships built with customers, well, I do anyway. 

We stayed thru November and put it all back in my li'l she shed until I found something geared more towards my hopes n dreams. I want another store and have wanted one for a long time. I've had them before and truly miss my East Texas selling days at Canton Trade Days. 

Anyhoo... then Covid happened- bummer for all of us. We have played it safe and shut down the Etsy for awhile and that was probably a mistake too.. oh well, I was scared too . I kept busy designing and waited for the right time. When we were able to shop again, I noticed that shops big and small had little to offer for customers. I seized the opportunity and said, that's it , I'm going all in. I got all my ducks lined up and signed up for the only craft fair close to home in Green Lake. Everyone asked, "where is your store" . My first customer referred to to her previous space she rented. I called about the following day and funny story is that I shop downtown Ripon all the time and never saw this cute spot available. I had called several different  places, but no one ever followed up returning my calls. That's been a common trend for the past 2 years when I find a place .. God has his plan ! And we have to wait on him . 

So, we visited the place and other people were also interested and had appointments set up. I had to wait, 4 days later, I got the call, it's mine if I'm still interested. Happy tears rolled down my cheeks .., I've tried, cried and have had my setbacks with my lil' business in trying to start over in a new city. No one gave me the opportunity .., again God's plan . He knows I can do it with his guidance and showcase my creativity in my own way in MY shop . 

Here is what my downtown space looks like when we got the keys. Stay tuned for the next phase 

Comments

Popular Posts