Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lots of new things going on around here...

Whew, I am so glad this week is almost over!! Last Sunday was crazy picking up the house a little bit from the kids being home on Friday's snow day. Then, hopped in the car to head to Mesquite to re-stock my booth, shop and pick up kids to watch the Superbowl. My son wanted to stay at my mom's until half-time and then head home.  It was a fast hour drive home to finish watching the exciting game. Although, I wasn't really all that impressed with the commercials for this year.

Monday was my day to clean my grandmother's house (as I do every 2 weeks). As soon as I finished, I had to purchase my cleaning supplies for the week for my household. Somehow, I managed a 2 hour nap very late that afternoon~I was very tired for some reason. After checking all my regular sites, I totally forgot to check my e-mail and suprisingly I had an Etsy order. Yeah!! I really haven't put alot of my time adding ALL my stuff, because I haven't had any luck at all for years with a regular website. I believe people want to see it, feel it, smell it...in order to buy something. So, I processed the order and got it ready to ship before more bad weather was to hit again on Wednesday.  Later in the evening, I got another order~yeah again!!!!!

So, Tuesday was to be a busy day! Get these orders out, cause you never know what is going to happen with the weather in Texas. And wouldn't you know, I was out of bubble wrap and had to search several stores in Athens to find some. Then it was off to the grocery store, since I didn't go over the weekend. When I got home, I learned we had lots of hat orders to fill!! Yeah, again!! The school bus drivers went nuts over the maroon and white hats in this cold weather. They are really warm, fuzzy and truly protect your head~I get really hot wearing mine. And with the scarf, I am on fire!! Anyway, my grandmother knocks at my door and hands me a black bag and said look inside. Fearing for what's inside, I hesitated! It was 6 mannequin heads from the beauty school~thank the Lord!! I have needed some hat models, now I have plenty!! But they are scaring the kids!!

Wednesday, guess what folks? We were passed up again on the weather~kids in school, but Dallas got some more ice. I think there is a bubble around Athens, cause we don't get anything around here. But, more good news~more hat orders!! When it's this cold, the word has finally gotten out where to get some great hats and scarves.

Thursday, I spent cleaning and organizing...not that it does much good. Then it's back to the store~still trying to replenish all the things I lost when I moved over a year ago. $$, easy come, easy go!!! Hello Subway for dinner~I am worn out!!

Yesterday I decided to get out and shop a bit since the kids are home this weekend. I visited my friend at her new boutique and got some materials for a newborn hat order. No nap today! Around 4, I started taking lots of pictures with my new models. I spent about an hour cropping and loading them to my Etsy shop. And after the kids got home, it got even more crazy!! A bunch of teenagers showed up and as of now (Saturday night) they are still here!!  They managed to let us get just a few hours of sleep and they were back. I truly feel like I am about to just collapse of a heart attack. Don't people understand I am a single mom? Why are you sending your kids to my house 24/7~I already have 4!! God is really testing me and my patience tonight.

And after all this, I still didn't mention that there is a sale going on in my booth!!! 25% off everything thru Valentines Day!! There are still a few valentines candles left.

Sorry, I rambled and hope you understand that I am alone in this city and have no one to talk to for relief. Therefore, you had to suffer and read my crazy week~and I didn't even mention everything!! LOL!!!

Enjoy one of my new models....her name is Mary.

No comments: