While your neighbors decorate their porches with the same old ghoulish goblins, try something different by perching your carved pumpkins atop scarecrows! Outfit them in old clothing and prop them in fun poses to greet trick-or-treaters.
Skill level: Beginner
Old clothes (dress, shawl, shirt, overalls, boots)
Bale of hay or straw
Long wooden tomato stakes
Spool of floral wire
Hats as desired
Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
Tall tin bucket filled with sand
1. For Ma, place pillowcase inside dress, open side down; fill with hay. For Pa, button shirt; place pillowcase inside shirt, open side down, and fill with hay.
2. Cut hole in center top of each case; poke tomato stake through so it extends at top and bottom. Cut 12 inches of wire; wrap tightly around bottom of case to hold stake in place.
3. For Ma, use wire to fasten another stake to lower end of first stake so stake extends below hem of dress
4. For Pa, place shirt in overalls; stuff legs lightly with hay.
5. Carve pumpkin heads as desired. Poke hole in center front; insert carrot nose. Poke hole in bottom; place pumpkin head on stake.
6. Glue hats on heads.
7. For Ma, use wire to secure another stake across neck for shoulders; drape shawl over shoulders. Place bottom stake in bucket of sand.
8. Seat Pa in chair; arrange legs as desired and add more stuffing. Place boots below legs; add hay around boot tops.
Single mother of 4 beautiful children~they are my life! I have always had a passion for creating just about anything I see. Thank you Mom and Nannie for blessing me with so much talent...and allowing me to share it with others. I started making luxurious, fragrant candles the spring of 1999 and over the years have experienced many changes. Over the years, I have added more items (with bling, of course)...all at affordable prices. See my boutique on Etsy