Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Athens Farmers Market

I stayed up until 11pm last night, putting on the last minute touches to my already packed boxes. The excitement probably played a huge part in my NOT being able to sleep.

At 4:42 am, I woke up out of a dead sleep and stared at the clock for another hour, until time to really get up. We set up the tent and was officially ready for business at 7:45. The vendors around me were already making sales and selling those tomatoes!! The man next to me already sold quite a bit by 8am....WOW!!

The crowd was huge for the first Saturday~hot, but many came sporting umbrellas and didn't seem to be phased by the heat. I couldn't seem to get enough liquids down me!!! Someone had peach tea, and I believe that's what I will take with me next Saturday. The water didn't quite cut it for me....

My parents arrived just before 10am and some vendors were already sold out!!! My tomato neighbor pulled out just before then~sold out!! I didn't get to venture out and see everything, but there were peaches, plums, herbs, breads, homemade goodies just across from me, marinara, FREE sunflower planting for the kiddo's, wine, hairbows, bottle cap necklaces, watermelon, pampered chef had some demo's...And of course my beautiful jewelry! I am sure there were lots of goodies around the people playing music~just didn't get to walk over there. It was pretty crowded!! And did I mention, HOT!!!

Overall, it was a great first Saturday, and we will be out there every Saturday thru October. Thank you to my new friends, and new customers!! Gotta get started on the custom orders.....

Until next time,
Alisa

No comments: