Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa's Elf



Every year on December 1st..Mr. Elf shows up in our home. My kids are very excited to see him arrive and look forward to this day and ask me where he might pop up at..I reply, you never know.  So, when their sleepy eyes wake up on this day...the hunt is on to find out where he is!! 

Each morning, he is in a different location~keeping a watchful eye on who has been naughty and nice.  Then on Christmas Eve..he disappears back to the North Pole to report to Santa who has been good this year!!

I love this tradition that I started many, many years ago.  And although my children are now teenagers, they still look forward to Mr. Elf's arrival.  Devin, is still young (8) and trying to hang on as long as I can to continue the spirit of Santa Clause~there is always a questionable surprise to make ALL wonder in our home. 

I welcome any of you with young children to follow this tradition~it's quite helpful and fun!!

No comments: